Carlmont School Site Council meetings are open to all of Carlmont’s parent, staff, and community members. Any member of the community or public may address the Council during meetings on items within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council. Your interest and participation are welcomed.
The School Site Council is composed of parents, students, and staff who play an important role in the governance of Carlmont High School.
The SSC's responsibilities include:
- Annually monitor, review, and approve the Carlmont High School (CHS) Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)/WASC.
- Recommend the approved SPSA/WASC to the Sequoia Union High School District governing board.
- Annually develop and assess the Site Council budget so that it is aligned with the CHS SPSA/WASC.
- Allocate categorical and discretionary funding budgets that are consistent with the California Education Code (CDE).
- Measure the effectiveness of improvement strategies at CHS.
- Reaffirm or revise CHS improvement strategies, goals, and expenditures.
- Guide, advise, and seek recommendations from various CHS advisory committees.
- Take any other action required by California Education Code (CDE).
The SSC is composed of:
- The Principal
- Five members from different departments representing certificated teaching staff
- Two members of the non-teaching staff
- Four parents or members of the community
- Four students
Parent/Community members are normally recruited by the current parent members for the following year, then approved by the PTSA. Ideally, the Site Council should involve parents from the entire cross section of the student body; including all socio-economic, ethnic, and program groups.