Attendance Line Available 24/7 to Clear Absences
Attendance (650) 595-0210 x30000 / x30001 (Spanish)
Attendance Office hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Voicemail/email is cleared several times a day, but please do not use either way to request a pass to leave or return from school. Hand written notes are the best option.
TO CLEAR AN ABSENCE:
- Student absences must be cleared by a parent/guardian within 5 school days by a phone call or a email explaining the absence.
- If an absences is not cleared after the 5th day it is coded in Infinite Campus as a cut.
- If the student is absent 5 (five) consecutive school days, a medical note must be provided to excuse absences after the fifth day.
- Please make sure that ALL NOTES are HAND-WRITTEN and has a PARENT OR GUARDIAN SIGNATURE with a DATE.
- Parents/guardians of 18-year-old students are expected to follow the attendance procedures regarding notes and telephone calls as any other student.
- Attendance records are available on the Infinite Campus website.
OBTAINING A “PERMIT TO LEAVE”
If a student needs to leave for an appointment, they are expected to bring a note to the Attendance Office BEFORE SCHOOL or AT LUNCH. They will then be issued a "permit to leave". The student may leave at the time written on the permit.
We understand that appointments sometimes are made suddenly, but ask that you do your best to plan ahead and communicate with the attendance office in a timely manner.
If you are ILL and want to go home: Proceed immediately to the Health Aide office. The health aide will call home to obtain parent/guardian permission to leave campus and issue you a "permit to leave" pass.
Students: DO NOT CALL PARENT/GUARDIAN from CELL PHONE or from the CLASSROOM. REPORT DIRECTLY to the HEALTH OFFICE WITH A PASS from your class and the Health Aide will contact home.
HANDLING A MISTAKE:
If an error has been made to a students attendance, the student may pick up a correction slip in the Attendance Office.
If a teacher made an error and marked a student absent when they were present, the student first must contact the teacher and have them communicate with the attendance office to clear the error.
If you are concerned about truancy issues. Contact your student’s counselor or Administrative Vice Principal.
The Sequoia Union High School District provides an automatic caller to notify parents/guardians of their student’s attendance for each day if a student has an absence or tardy. The automated call will happen regardless of an absence being cleared or not. Parents/guardians may track their student’s attendance via the parent portal on Infinite Campus.