skip to main content

Financial Aid

Financial Aid is available to help students attend an accredited vocational, community college, or four-year college/university. Completing a FAFSA application gives students the chance to qualify for Pell Grant, Work Study, Grants, and Parent/Student Loans. 
Types of Financial Aid

Types_of_Financial_Aid_ iconTypes of Financial Aid title

Applying for Financial Aid

Applying_for_Financial_Aid icon
Applying for Financial Aid

Both, Parent and student must create an FSA ID
2. Gathering the doucments needed to apply
-Your parents’ SSNs if you’re a dependent student
-Tax returns
-Records of child support received
-Current balances of cash, savings, and checking accounts
-Net worth of investments, businesses, and farm
For DACA Applications
Seniors with DACA or do not have a valid Social Security Number can apply for Cal Grant programs. Click here to start the Dream Act Application
After your FAFSA or Dream Application has been processed, go to webgrants to create an account to check the status of your Cal Grant.
Important- As of July of 2022, all SUHSD seniors are required to complete either a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a California Dream Act Application (CADAA). All SUHSD schools are required to account for every graduating senior prior to graduation. While there will be an opportunity to opt-out in the spring, we hope that you will choose to complete your financial aid application. If you have questions about this requirement, please connect with your school counselor. This new requirement is a state mandate AB 469 .